Database for music cds/track info

hansov

I need to create a database for my music cds with a) location in rack, b) album, c) artist and c1)......cxx) track names. Anybody know of the best way of going about this? For mp3s I use Creative Mediasource which works fine. However what I want to create now is a database of my cd collection so as to be able lay my hands on a piece of music quickly.

I need to create a database for my music cds with a) location in rack, b) album, c) artist and c1)......cxx) track names. Anybody know of the best way of going about this? For mp3s I use Creative Mediasource which works fine. However what I want to create now is a database of my cd collection so as to be able lay my hands on a piece of music quickly.

It's actually designed for organising collections of live recordings, but this might do the trick for you...

http://tapetracker.com/overview.htm

Freeware too, which is good.

You could always just use a folder naming strategy to store tracks and perhaps also something like Tag&Rename to help automate this for files that already have ID3 tags. If you Google around you will find lots of tips and tricks for using a filesystem based "database" for storing digital audio track files.

Back