Data deleted from USB Key

Town

I deleted an excel file from a USB key and would like to know if I can recover it from the actual computer I was using at the time. The PC is one I use for a course I am doing at present in a local college and I still have access to it.

it depends on where you saved the original file, if you saved it on the PC and then copied to usb it will still be there but if you saved it direct to USB then it wont be on PC. You can still recover it from the usb look here

or take it to a Btech store and they should do it for free but.. this is ireland

what have satellites got to do with data recovery ? or have you replied to the wrong thread NOAH??

To answer your question "town" yes it is recoverable from the USB drive, but you will have to purchase software to do it.

If it was saved on the usb drive you must not save anything else to it or the file may be overwritten.

It probably will not be on the College PC. Shared PC's generally clear the data when you log off.

There are some free data recovery programs available which may work.

I've used recuva in the past to recover data from a PC and a camera memory card.

Check out www.piriform.com/recuva

As joey said do not copy or save anything more to the USB key until you attempt a recovery.