Danske Prestige - what next?

dec1

Hello,

I've had a Danske Prestige account for years that I have been happy with. Obviously I need to find a new banking provider now, I am expecting to get my 60 days notice from Danske very shortly.

I've looked around and can't find any package that's anywhere near as good - is there one that I have missed?

What I need is:
Credit card (don't borrow on it, just for day to day use)
Current Account
Savings Account
Have mortgage with Ulster, currently on a good rate but could eventually move that too.
The extra benefits on the Prestige account were great, particularly the Priority Pass card, don't suppose anybody else does them?
There are two of us so ideally will go with the one bank.

Thanks for your help. I have been searching through previous threads but can't find anything specific.

What I need is:
Credit card (don't borrow on it, just for day to day use)
Current Account
Savings Account

PTSB will offer you all this.

The extra benefits on the Prestige account were great, particularly the Priority Pass card, don't suppose anybody else does them?
There are two of us so ideally will go with the one bank.

You could purchase the Priority Pass separately.

The Priority Pass is very expensive and not worth it for me as I would only use it for a couple of times per year.

I have an investment home loan and I think it is a requirement to lodge the rent into a Danske current account, also the mortgage has to be paid into a current account.

Would this require them to maintain a current account with me for the duration of the mortgage.

They might create a "service account" that can be used to receive a payment and to service the mortgage account but would not be a true current account as it would have no ATM card, no chequebook and no ability to service direct debits. Ulster Bank do/did this to service some loan products AFAIK. Danske could just release you from the condition completely so long as you set up a new direct debit with another bank, which is probably what they'll do seeing as they want to leave the Irish retail banking sector.