Danske Bank online Java problem

margaret1

Has anyone had difficulty logging onto Danske Bank? There a long delays getting through to ebanking support. It seems there are problems with Java/Oracle for the last few days, a new version was launched that does not appear to be compatible. As I recall Danske bank announced early 2013 they were changing from Java during the summer. There is no doubt generally speaking that Danske bank have an excellent ebanking system but it does not encourage confidence in a bank when you cannot log on.

Just tested and it works for me (chrome and firefox), I think I've the latest update to Java. I'd to click a few more pop ups than usual to permit java to run though.

www.java.com/verify says Version 7 Update 45

In the mean time if you've an iphone or ipad or android the danske apps for those are in some ways better than the website.

Was dragged out of bed by swmbo last night with this issue as she was updating the bank details at an ungodly hour.
It appears, at least in my case, with Windows 8, that the latest update of that piece of ****e OS, seems to have removed Java. I reinstalled the latest version of Java (which it though was a new install, hence my conclusion that the recent windows updates had removed it). That worked for me, Danske is now working again on both windows (desktop IE), and chrome.

And it wasn't the banks issue, it was a Windows problem,

Apologies for the tone - but I get that way after upgrading to windows 8, and having to fix its snafu's in the early hours of the morning.

Yeah, I had to uninstall and reinstall Java last week at work. We are nowhere near Windows 8, I think it's XP. Working fine now,

Hi,

I'm using XP and Firefox, working perfectly. Like others here, I installed the recent Java upgrade.

On previous occassion when there's been updates at Danske or Java, I've had the odd problem but after a call to Danske Bank (don't call during peak hours, if you don't want to be left on hold for a while ;)) it was quickly sorted - one of their techies talked me through a few quick adjustments to the settings on Firefox and hey presto.

I got sorted eventually. I am on Chrome so I am not exactly sure what the problem was but the new Java version could not be loaded. Danske Bank customer service sent me a link and after a number of clicks of various pop ups I was back online again. I have to give Danske Bank credit where it is due, there is no doubt the staff they do employ in the customer service and ebanking area are always very polite & helpful...just move on from Java, Danske Bank

Back