Dansk windows

Xsue

I've just had the windows for my new house delivered and fitted - by Dansk. Apart from a major mess up with initial measurements (Dansk salesman seemed to have sloppy training) they are grand. However they arrived on site with no protective coating whatsoever. Our house is being plastered inside and out and we have had to cover the windows ourselves- we spent 30K on the windows (300 sq m one and a half storey house) and I think this seems -yet again- sloppy. Has anyone experience of the likes of Dansk, Rationale, Marvin, and did your windows arrive protected?

Another word on Dansk, one window was broken on arrival and so a pane of glass was propped on the inside (its been nearly two months), Dansk consider this not their problem but that of the delivery/fitting service, meanwhile rain is pouring down on the inside of this window frame which is not meant to deal with this level of moisture. I'm not sure I could recommend them (even to my worst enemy!) just yet.

I don't have any personal experience, but there are a number of previous posts here where people were enquiring about services that cover windows prior to plastering (see here and here). So based on that, it doesn't seem unusual that they were not protected.
Leo

Xsue,
A friend of mine bought Dansk windows. All came with a protective plastic coating( on the glass only I think). They are very nice windows, however she has a lot of patio doors and these seem to be too heavy for the mechanism. She is moving in, in a few weeks. These may have been broken due to abuse from tradesmen, wheelbarrows etc etc, a lot of issues with patio's not closing properly. However I think all windows/doors will have initial issues, due to abuse, mortor sand etc etc in grooves and hinges etc etc.
I am in the process of ordering from Rationel and they do NOT coat the glass or frame. I will have to do myself.
I do not know oif they provide this service or not.
So your issue is not a once off as far as i know.
Bear with the teething issues, they will work out. One issue is that the installlers do not work for Dansk, so any issues will be difficult to pin point to Dansk or installers.

i'm a contractor and know a couple of lads who had Dansk installed.
They are real happy with them. Having seen the windows myself they are the best i've seen.
Windows not coming with protective covering is quite common.
Having said that, Have you paid them all the remaining money owed? This is leverage for you to get them to come back and fix window.
If it's their fault window is broke, then you should go all the way to get them to come back and fix it. Outta curiosity was Dansk cheaper than Rational?

G'luck

I bought Carlson. They are the sister company. No protective coating on them either. I had the plasters warned not to let morter on the windows and I had my father cleaning them throughout the day. This was in the month of Jan. I cam home every night and cleaned everyone of the windows. If you dont the morter will burn and stain the timber. I found Carlson good but I had to get my own installer. I have found their locking mech very good.