Damaged lcd tv

rabbits

Ho hum.....can you get a damaged lcd screen tv fixed? My 19" tv with built in dvd player works fine but it looks like the top layer has a small chip out of it. It was damaged at home when I had some flooring work going on. It still mostly works but it looks like viewing a movie with a white mouse pointer right in the middle of the screen.

Its not that old so it would be good to get it fixed if that was possible and didn't cost the earth! Thanks for any suggestions!

I have only just moved into my new place so don't have contents insurance set up yet. Its about the last of the 'important' things to get done that I just hadn't gotten around to yet.

I have only just moved into my new place so don't have contents insurance set up yet. Its about the last of the 'important' things to get done that I just hadn't gotten around to yet.

Check your policy as sometimes there is an "automatic" 30, 40 or 50% contents cover included which may or may not have accidental insurance inbuilt. It might cost more to fix than to buy a new one !

If the chip is not that bad, you could probably get some glass resin to repair it, the same kind that can be used to fix windscreens,etc. I would advise testing it first and getting the technique right before you try it on your t.v.
I would use this as a last resort if you cannot claim or get it repaired. At least it would look good cosmetically.

Thanks, might give that a go. Its quite small, just right in the middle of the screen :S The picture is fine except it dosen't flood into that chipped bit so you have a white bit in the middle of the screen. It might look better if its filled with a dark colour or something like that.

Back