damaged car door

Mr Mac

Hi everyone

Would appreciate a bit of advice on the following...am buying a 2007 Passat SE model and went to pick it up tonight. On arrival at the guy's premises, I found to my disgust that the car was reversed into a stack of tyres with the driver door open...the guy who had valeted the car just before I arrived got a call from another guy and had left the car without properly closing the door or applying the handbrake. The car had rolled back(about 6 yards) and the open driver side door caught a stack of tyres...the momentum of the car going back caused the door to bend > 90 degrees in the open position. To look at the door, it is badly creased near to the hinge area and obviously won't close fully. The guy says he will put a new skin on the door, not a new door. I'm worried that the shell of the door may be damaged?...does anyone have any recommendations?...I don't want to walk away from it because the price is extremely attractive for a 2007 model. Would appreciate your comments.

Mr Mac

Walk away. That could turn into a can of worms. There will more and more good deals the closer to July 1st