daily mail attack on rte wastage

joe sod

did anyone see the front page of the daily mail today, attacking the huge amount of money rte spent on covering the US primaries, all the correspondents they sent over and then the deficiencies after all that in their coverage. They contrasted this with newstalk who had much more comprehensive coverage and did it with a fraction of the resources of rte. I think they have a really good point here, RTE should be much more accountable for the licence money they are receiving, also they seem to be dumbing down an awful lot and they should be forced to show accounts for how much licence money is spent on these dumbed down celebrity focussed output, licence money should only be used for strictly public service programs and not trivia

How many RTE presenters are out there now? I saw "Dobbo" there yesterday; looks like a bit of a junket! But hey, what would I do if I was offered the trip!?

They are even unaware of basic facts - Robert Shortt commented how Hillary Clinton won the New Hampshire primary just like Bill did in 1992