Daikan Altherma heat pump.

M

Midgirl

HI

We are at the stage in our build where we should have our heating picked a long time ago, well we actually had a deposit on another system but the company decided it would not be suitable for our house, so were let down at the last minute.

We have a 3000sq ft house, ufh downstairs with aluminium rads upstairs, well insulated house, airtight with hrv.

Basically, our heads are wrecked we have looked at so many systems, we are trying to avoid using oil as our main heat source, so we are seriously considering the daikan altherma monobloc air to water heat pump, which will heat the house and provide the hot water too. It does not work out too much more than the cost of putting in oil plus solar panels so that is encouraging.

Has anyone got any feedaback on the daikan, and whether it is as good as it says, or will it cost as much as oil to run ? I know that is a bit of a general question, but we have read so many horror stories about other air to water heat pumps, it would be devastating to put in the heat pump and then realise it costs a fortune.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated as we really have to make our decision asap.

Thanks

Midgirl

Hi mid girl,
Have you considered a ground source heat pump? The buffer tank will usually allow solar heating to connect into the system.
They are more efficient than air to water ones.
....with a wood stove perhaps to supplement.

IF you have a gas supply something like these look like a good option ........rvr.ie/Products/SHP900/

just spotted this also for oil
Ecostar hybrid 22/10 oil condensing boiler heat pump

hi midgirl ,just reading through the threads and was wondering did you decide to go with the air to water system? i'm at the point of new build that i need to decide on heating system ,its head wrecking

Back