Daewoo vs. Hyundai

mrc

Hi Guys,

Am looking into getting a little run around for my wife.. Will pay up to about 3,00 euro.

Anyone have any dealings with the Daewoo Lanos or the Hyundai accent. They seem to be good value for a 99 or 2000 reg

All advice appreciated.

MrC

If you love your wife, do NOT get either !!

Look for a Fiesta, Clio, Ibiza, 206 etc.

You could get a 00 Mitsubishi Colt for between 3 and 4K - great little car.

If your wife doesn't care about appearance or driving experience - at all - then sure, the Lanos or Accent are a cheap buy.

I saw this 2003 Fiat Seicento in Mullingar Nissan for 2,995

[broken link removed]

Its on carzone as a cinquecento, but I'm fairly sure its a seicento.

No connection to them except that I recently bought from them. Just happened to see this one while I was there!

Take it that you will not ever recoup any portion of the money that you are about to spend given the huge number of secondhand cars on the market. So, base your decision on how long you want the car to last and how much additional grief you want with replacements etc. If of any use to you I know a garage selling a canary yellow Nissan Micra with a guarantee, 01 I think, - not me.

daewoo are not that bad, and the hyundai have come on a long way..

in 2001 i worke for a hire car firm, we had lots of the accent in auto, most yanks wanted these as they were auto and of course the cheapest class, they went for ever and never gave trouble despite the abuse they suffered,

also for the value in the accent , you got 4 electric windows, central locking, sunroof, and a cd palyer,,

they also have bolt on hub caps,, which can never be lost or stolen..

mechanically not bad to work on and parts not expensive,, also plenty in the breakers yards for spares too,,

daewoo lanaos engine is bascially a opel .14 astra engine,,,,

She tells me she wants a car that she will run into the ground... wont be selling it on.

this one has caught her eye:

[broken link removed]

She tells me she wants a car that she will run into the ground...

That'll happen quite easily

Seriously, if she wants to just have a car to run about in and you want to keep some semblance of logic in the equation, then something like this is where you should be looking...

[broken link removed]

My wife drives a 99 Dawoe Lanos ,she`s had it for about 4 years now and I have to say its a great little car..cheap to maintain and it has gotten through the Nct recently no bother.In fairness theres probably nothing too complicated to go wrong on them anyway. Like u we will be driving this car into the ground and the way its going that might be a few more years.

If she wants to go with the lanos, you might find the hatchback more convenient that the sedan.