Dabs4work

I have got a PC and a laser printer from them (on different occasions). Absolutely no problems with them. Just make sure that the price is what you want, ie, sterling conversion, add delivery charges and VAT etc. I think you should be able to avoid teh VAT if you are VAT registered and quote your VAT number when ordering.

It's the same crowd as dabs.com and recently created (i think) dabs.ie. They're very cheap and reliable! I've bought loads through them.

I bought one item from dabs.com and will never deal with them again - although I know others have had good experiences. In short, bought an MP3, not delivered after 3 weeks so they sent a replacement. The original arrived in the meantime, I couldn't get a return authorisation number for the second one and dabs threatened to charge me for it. I returned it anyway, they claimed they hadn't received it (it had been signed for), eventually, after several lengthy emails it was sorted. Not the best introduction to what was recommended as a good company!

Okay then!

For what its worth, I think it sounds a bit like Ryanair, brilliant id all goes to plan but if it goes wrong.......

As SirOurs says they're cheap, not exactly sure I'd say they are reliable. But that's just ben my experience. Had a problem with my laptop and I did find them a bit less unco-operative than might reasonably be expected. Of course that's just one experience.
What is the logic behind not being available in stores btw?

Ordered a DVD writer from them, never arrived. Checked with their customer service, they gave me tracking number for their delivery partner. Checked it out, they claim parcel was refused by recipient, well it was not.
I did get a credit note, but obviously without the 13.50 euro delivery. Checked with dabs again , nothing they could do, I should complain to delivery company.
I think that is a bit strange, they did not take any ownership for a problem with their preferred delivery company that just cost them a sale. Anyway I have decided not to get too upset about it, not worth the 13.50..
I have bought loads of stuff online, never had a problem with delivery. Will not use them again.Maybe it was just bad luck.

I'm currently resolving a problem with dabs4work. The delivery took over two weeks to arrive, but this is down to the combination of reputedly two of the worst parcel handlers working together: Parcelforce (UK end) and GLS, a recipe for disaster when something goes wrong. Although I must say GLS did get into action after a few days. Parcelforce, still waiting for a reply (always had problems with them).
Eventually parcel arrived, left on my doorstep, not signed for, parts missing.
I hadn't heard from dabs for many days regarding the delayed delivery, then yesterday (Sunday) the stream of replies came in. GLS told dabs that parcel had been signed, so I refuted this. By end of day, dabs seem to be agreeing to replace missing items. I think these emails are automated, so hard to guess what will happen next, but hopefully I should receive the other items (in a few weeks!!!)
GLS seem to have problems as soon as you're not living in a city or major town. We're on a county border, then the problem seems to be which depot should deliver, due to distances etc.
In future, I'm going to follow this advice:
1. On my delivery address, try to add more detail about actual county we are in and nearest town(s) etc.

2. As soon as I receive tracking and can see that parcel arrives in Ireland, phone GLS and give them my phone number. dabs or Parcelforce should be doing this, but they never do.

3. As I now have the delivery drivers number (they usually have same routes), I'll let him know there's a delivery out there somewhere for me. He was very helpful and I'll forgive him the whole "signed parcel" fiasco this time and tell him not to do it again.

Another thing, I notice that electronics packages arriving from UK are usually opened prior to delivery, I'm wondering if this is some kind of customs security check and it certainly doesn't help with parts falling out, they don't seem to bother sealing it again!

We'll see if it all works out!

Following on from my last post, at the beginning of the week dabs contacted me about the missing items and advised they would be sent on in letter post (they were only SD cards, very small).
I received the letter today, no SD cards, but instead what appears to be a credit note. I'll have to check this with them.
Not sure if I'll use them again, we'll see.

Further to previous posts, SD cards arrived yesterday. They sent them standard mail and they arrived a lot quicker!
It seems the credit note is issued as a temporary measure in case the replacement items are not received. They don't refund your credit card immediately.
I guess I'll give them another chance, to see if things run more smoothly this time.
Sorry for the long winded posts, but I think it's only fair to highlight when problems get resolved too.

I bought a 19" Widescreen TFT, delivered to me within a week. I would recommend them no problem.

Back