Cyprus ..sept. holiday.

npgallag

Lookin to go on holiday in early sept. with few mates... Early 30's, and thinkin of cyprus.. Any one any experiences of this island..Limassol or Ayia Napa look like the 2 spots. Lookin for good night life and a nice beach but not to mad... Is the crowd mostly english or Irish there..? Any other destination suggestions...appricate any comments

Ayia napa I thought was a very young and a very drunken spot. I didn't like it and I do like to get out and about. It was very loud too. Pubs and clubs seemed to be competing against each other with the music!
I also found it more expensive than the likes of any of the canary islands. I would recommend any of the canary islands over cyprus.I'm in same age bracket.

Thanks niceoneted.. are the canary islands not a bit quiet though..? forgot to mention single early 30's lads...heard Ayia napa was very young alright..dont fancy that much..is Limassol the same i wonder..

Went to Ayia Napa when I was 25 on a couples holiday in Oct. The drunkeness and loudness can be well avoided if you wanted. Never really saw it to be honest and went out every night. The beaches are gorgeous and its a great place to hire a car as they drive on same side as road as us.
Canaries in my opinion is loud no matter what time of year you go. Went in Oct 2 years ago and music still went out til 3am even though there was hardly anyone in the pubs.

Ayia Napa is a teenagers paradise. Limasol nicer place but beach poor. Cyprus is expensive. Canaries always good. Remember Lanzarote is the nicest of the islands and it has 28 irish pubs.

Thanks for the help people...Lanzarote sounds just what were after....Is there any resort/town you can recommend..

Lanzarote is maybe a bit too quiet for you lot, I would have thought. Tenerife would be more the scene - Las Americas or Christianos. Have been in the Irish bars a few times in Lanzarote, but it's more of a chilled out place really for couples.
That's my opinion anyway. It all depends on what you are like as a crowd:
Max 5 or 6 pints, medium level noise, bed by 1-2 latest...Lanzarote.
Max 8 pints+, medium getting higher noise by 5th/6th pint, someone shouts "where's there a place open all night, and a bunch of women"....Tenerife!

Would go along with what thomsk has said here in relation to comparison between Lanzarote and Tenerife.

cheers lads ..Tenerife would be the place for us i think.. but would you believe it they have now changed there mind and want to go to Krackow now..!! Typical.

If you were thinking Aiya Napa then Lanzarote would be way too quiet. Prob Tenerife, Playa Las Americas would be pretty lively alright.

I was in Krakow in July. Lots of Bars and restaurants. Pubs closed kinda early in comparison to the sun hot destinations. Lots of music bars of all sorts. Everything cheap enough with lots of cocktails on the menu.
Enjoy.

Back