cycling to citywest

mir2001

I am trying to cycle there from Dundrum. Is it safe to cycle through the main road through Jobstown?
I thought about cycling to Tallaght village (until I know the area) and trying to pick up a citywest link bus from there.
Does anyone know where you can (pretty) safely lock a bike in Tallaght village? Also does anyone know if the cycle underpass at that huge roundabout (goes onto the M50) on the Templeogue dual carriage way is still open? I ended up going through the roundabout with lots of traffic because it all seemed blocked off by roadworks.
Thanks.

Dundrum to Citywest would be an easier cycle (and more cycle paths) if you got onto the Grange Road and just keep going straight along there until you hit The Mill pub on the junction of Firhouse/Tallaght. There are a lot of cycle paths if you go that way and you avoid obvious busy places like Templeogue.

Then take the second left after the Mill and at the next roundabout you can keep going straight through Killinarden or turn right and then left at the end to go along the Tallaght bypass (either way you end up on the main road beside Jobstown - which is perfectly safe to cycle along).

Then keep straight until you come to the junction for Citywest.

Its a long cycle!

For locking your bike around Tallaght, you'd really have to nosey around to get a good spot but maybe in the grounds of the college, or the carpark of the Square?

Thanks for the suggestions - I will post it on Boards too - I've tried locking my bike at the cinema level in the square so hopefully it will be ok. I'm going to try the grange road route on monday as the templeogue route is efficient but a bit hairy on a bike. I found the underpass at the M50 roundabout but it seemed that you could only come out on the left side of the road going toward tallaght. I had thought there was a way to come out on the other side of the road so I could get onto the old Tallaght road into the village. If anyone knows anything about this it would be great. Thanks again.

Back