Cutting Skirting board

Digger

I'm trying to cut skirt boards but am unable to get nice tight cuts, I have spent hours trying to figure out the best way of doing this. Any advice would be appreciated.
P.S I m not interested in scribling the boards,
The tools at my disposal are a compound mitre saw, and tenon saw.
I have slowly worked through 2 metres lengths of skirting board trying to get the the lengths right.
I would like to master this myself rather than get a carpenter in to do this.

A mitre saw and a coping saw should do the trick. A coping saw is only a few quid anyway, but get a few extra blades. Its a useful tool to have!

What exactly do you mean by nice tight cuts? Do you mean joits that fit well or neat cuts?

Is the mitre saw manual or electric?
Leo

Will you be painting the skirting boards??

If so, then try and get the cuts as good as you can and fill the gaps in with Polyfilla.

I, like you couldn't get the cuts perfect but as I was painting them I filled them in. You cannot see the difference anywhere now so don't get too cut up about it if you're painting them.

If you have a powered mitre saw there is no reason why you should not be able to make good scribed joints at the corners, especially when you'll only have one scribe per corner! The hardest part to cutting the scribe (pre power tool days) was cutting a good enough mitre (by hand) to enable you to get your scribe outline. Whatever you do don't use "Pollyfilla" at corners- if you need to use a filler use a small bit of flexible caulk, this won't shrink, crack and fall out of the joint over time.

Does that mean skirting can be joined at corners without having to use a coping saw? Bit inexperienced when it comes to woodwork!!

What exactly do you mean by nice tight cuts? Do you mean joits that fit well or neat cuts?

Is the mitre saw manual or electric?
Leo

Leo, could you please get your spelling right! Hard to read and understand you!!