Cutting out internal wall for new door

guy incognit

How do you do about this? I don't want to knock the internal (brick)wall, just enough to put in a new door. Do you hire someone/something? I'm in south dublin. Thanks for any advice.

I would think you need to hire someone and remember that if you are knocking a wall that is supporting something above it then you need to support that while you are knocking the wall and you will need to put in a lentil that will carry the load that was on the wall. This lentil will need to have a load bearing that a builder/carpenter should know about.

Con said:
I would think you need to hire someone .

Is this a general builder or someone who puts in door or who? Won't it be difficult to get someone just to do this one job?

guy incognit said:
Is this a general builder or someone who puts in door or who? Won't it be difficult to get someone just to do this one job?

It probably will be because its a messy job and most of them appear to be busy maybe because of SSIA money starting to flow.

guy incognit said:
Won't it be difficult to get someone just to do this one job?

Sorry Guy, I never said it would be easy to get a builder. I sympathise, but if it is a supporting wall it is not straight forward.

Con said:
Sorry Guy, I never said it would be easy to get a builder. I sympathise, but if it is a supporting wall it is not straight forward.

It's not a supporting wall. So should be easy.