Cutting and Pasting from Adobe Acrobat

triplej

I am writing a report at the moment and have spent the best part of a day trying to cut an image from a locked Adobe document. I know there is a way around this as I've done it before (admittedly years ago!). Any suggestions? Any help greatly appreciated.

I usually do this by selecting the Snapshot Tool from Tools > Basic. This copies the image to the clipboard and from there you can paste it into Word. Might this work?

Thanks for the quick reply Eeek! I have managed to get half way there.Once you have it the image enclosed how do you copy it to clipboard ?, my copy icon won't allow me to click on it.

Here's the breakdown of how I do it:
Once you have the image on-screen that you want to copy, click on Tools>Basic>Snapshot Tool.
Use the tool to drag a box around the image, you should get a message that it's been copied to the clipboard (if you don't try pressing Ctrl+C directly while the image is still enclosed), switch to Word and then press Ctrl+V. Hopefully that'll work.

Thanks for the effort guys but don't think it's meant to happen. Will try downloading ghostscript later its not managing it at the moment. Jeez something so simple...!

If you click File>Document Properties>Security, is Content Copying or Extraction allowed?
It is on the file I'm working on, so I can copy the image.
If your setting is different you're probably looking at the export to PostScript option...

Thanks Eeek, those options are not allowed on this document which obviously means I've been wasting my time. Still tho' I have some good pointers for the future. I appreciate the help.

Ok well here is my top tip:

Get the part of the document you want visible
Press the print screen on the keyboard
Then go to microsoft paint (or some other photo editor etc.)
Edit paste
As the print screen will include everything that was on the screen (eg scrollbars, toolbars) crop the image as desired
Then copy the cropped image to a new document in paint
Then save it as a .jpg or .bmp (although I'd recommend .jpg)
That picture can now be inserted into word documents etc..
badda bing

if it doesn't work let me know and ill try suss something else out for you

Cheers Rob, seems to work in principle. How and ever I have managed to get it into Microsoft Paint and have been playing around with the image in there, even managed to get the whole thing across to Word. But...I can't actually manage to crop the image to remove all the toolbars etc.. any suggestions?

Whilst in paint (or similar program) select the crop tool, drag it over the area you want to keep, then cut (ctrl + X) it out - there should now be a white gap in the centre of the original image as the part you want is now gone, ie toolbars etc should be left. Then open up a new document (ctrl + N) and paste (ctrl + V)in the cropped part of the image.. This should work.

Thanks for walking me through the idiots guide - believe it or not it has actually worked!
Cheers, just in time for my long weekend.

There is a really handy way of cropping pictures when you're pasting into a Word document - using the crop tool (this is on the picture toolbar).

so, you press printscreen when viewing the image you want to copy.
Switch to word, press ctrl-V
<you'll now have a screenshot in your word document>
Select the crop button from the picture toolbar
<If the picture toolbar is not open, go to View, Toolbars, Picture>
Use the little handles around the picture to remove the bits you dont want.

Easy peasy, without having to go into paint or anything. Version of Word I'm using is Word 2002.

Back