Customs opening parcel from Scotland

Bridget1984

I got a parcel of pop tarts from the uk in the post today which had opened by customs tape on it. I presume that the only reason customs would open a package from within the EU would be to look for drugs?? ? What is it about the look of my parcel that would have inspired some official to open it? Or is it that they target post to particular townlands/estates if some dodgy characters live in the area ?

I got a parcel of pop tarts from the uk in the post today which had opened by customs tape on it. I presume that the only reason customs would open a package from within the EU would be to look for drugs?? ? What is it about the look of my parcel that would have inspired some official to open it? Or is it that they target post to particular townlands/estates if some dodgy characters live in the area ?

Goods where excise is due (and there are many) can't be sent across borders within the EU by post.

What is it about the look of my parcel that would have inspired some official to open it?

It'll be very difficult for any of us to answer that, we haven't seen the parcel.

It might even be as simple as the parcel starting to break open as it gets 'gently' transferred along its route, and someone just using the tape they had to hand to seal it.

all depends on what they saw when the looked at the scan, probably round things with a substance inside them and that may have aroused suspicion

Back