Customer Service

harriet

Firstly my apologies if this is in the wrong section, have lurked on this forum but today is my first time posting.

I guess you could describe me as a tradionalist and have always choosen my car insurance carefully insofar as I was always loyal to my insurance broker for many years until this year, mainly for the service I was getting (although that had diminished in last few months I had been with them). The reason I moved broker to company was price which shocked me. I was insured with my broker through Hibernian and got insurance through a different channel with Hibernian at a much, much cheaper rate (broker maintained different rates but not sure I accept that argument no matter what way it was put, surely an insurer is an insurer).

Phoned yesterday to make a simple enquiry and was asked by first person what my policy number was, got through to someone else and asked same question. Then it went to being asked a 4th time to which I said "are you going to transfer me to someone else as I have done this 4 times already". The reply was "well there doesn't seem to be anyone in the section you are looking for" and again was put on hold. 5th person got the end of my fuse. I had now been holding something like 13 minutes and all I wanted to do was add someone to my cover for a couple of days.

Is it just me????

I also find this with the banks and other businesses.

What has happened to Customer Service????

I had now been holding something like 13 minutes and all I wanted to do was add someone to my cover for a couple of days...
Send them a fax with the relevant details and keep the transmission sheet. Include the line "If I hear nothing to the contrary from you by {insert date and time} I will take this as confirmation of your having acted on my instructions."

Also include the bit above about the difficulties you have had transacting business with them over the telephone, hence your need to use good old-fashioned facsimile machines.

You're right - they're the pits.

Hindsight is great but the diffrential was too big at the time and as I said it was with the same company for the same car and same drivers so to move was without question as broker could not give me same deal or at least they said they couldn't

Am on a bit of a getgo tonight because of the customer service I got with current people but should possibly do a post in another forum about general customer care which across all sectors is pretty appalling in this day and age