Customer service!

N

Naz

This is a small issue, but one id love some insight into. A couple of months back i had a faulty water pump which caused the engine management to override and kill the power. It only happened at 40mph+ for some reason. Decided to bring the car to the nearest garage, Alasta Autos. I fully explained the situation with the car, and that it needed to be at 40 mph+ to show any symptons. I left it with them and was told that it was probably something small as the car was relatively new, but that they would sort it. Next day i went to collect it and they told me they couldn't fix it as they cant get a car to 40mph anywhere in the city. Fine, i accept that but why did they have to be so ignorant about it. I've dealt with many garages and never before have i come accross such ignorance, i was practically told to take the car and get lost! Whats worse is that i was charged €30 to be told they cant fix it!! I know they may have had labour hours etc to cover, but because of their incapacity to deal with this, as a 'car garage' i was kinda miffed about it!

MSL had the prob sorted in hours, car valeted and back to me in working order... and as the car was under warranty cost was no issue, i simply chose Alasta for location convenience... i'll go the extra distance next time!

Aren't most garages equipped to lift cars to access the underside, lifting via the body as opposed to wheels etc... couldn't they have run the car in say 4th gear for a few secs until the problem surfaced?

Back