custom made sofas

C

claira 13

Does anyone know where you can get custom made sofas and are they very expensive.

Hi Claria 13

Not sure where you are located but friends of ours recenlty moved into their new home and got their sofa made from a company in Rathcoole called Renaissance (not sure of spelling). I'm not sure if they paid much for it but we are thinking of doing the same for our house so that we can have what we want.

Hope this helps

Thanks will check it out, I'm in Dublin so will check it out. such a poor selection around

habitat offer a new 'design it yourself' type service but it may only be for coffee tables and beds etc. might be worth giving them a call? also I think there's a shop called brian s nolan that upholsters sofas in various fabrics of your choice etc.

We used the Sofa Factory a few years back for our first house (have no connection to them http://www.thesofafactory.com), they are in Mill Street (Dublin) - they will do you a custom sofa, but they were a bit on the pricey side (paid £1400 (pounds) for a 2.5 seater sofa). Good efficient service though and the sofa is still going strong 5 years later...

We bought a 2.5 seater recently in AJ Furniture on Capel st, lots of different designs and heaps of fabrics to choose from. We paid €1000 which isn't too bad compared to some places. Couple of places like that down around Capel st., worth a wander around, the shops are a bit rough and ready but then I can put up with that if Im getting what I want!!

Make sure you can have a sit on something similar to what you are ordering. We got a sofa custom made and were really happy with design etc. but it has never been comfortable for sitting on (v comfortable for sleeping!) - depth and height just aren't right for us, armrests are too low. Wouldn't buy sofa again unless I could sit on the exact model before ordering.

McStay Furniture or McStay Upolstery in Cork make custom sofa's in hundreds of different coverings. Nice quality and good price. They have a showroom in Wilton in Cork.