Custom made Shirts - Suits

W

windsurfer

Hello all,

I noticed an ad in the Sunday papers a few weeks ago for a Hong Kong based tailor who makes a few annual tours of Irish cities where he does fittings in hotels. I don't have the name on hand now but the adverts have appeared in the Sunday Tribune.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend this guy or any other similar service or if anyone knows of any Irish based companies which offer the service?

For now I am just looking to get some custom made shirts for business.

Thanks

My husband was raving about him, guys at work use him. Will try and get the name for you and the name of the shop in Dublin he (hubby) gets his shirts from.

Took ages but finally tracked him down online.

[broken link removed]

If you can get me the name of the shop in Dublin that would be great.

James Herren, 44 Dawson Street, D2

Himself and some of the guys at work use them. Himself was just in buying three shirts. They are off the shelf but they do alterations to them. He described them as a "mans shop!" in other words, you go in, they sort you out..ten minutes later you're on your way.
They do made to measure too but Himself usually just gets stock items altered, he'd pick them up for around Euro 120 for a long sleeved french cuff.

I wonder would these be a good bet to make wedding suits,shirts etc for me and my 3 groomsmen..? Are they very expensive..?

I find them a tad expensive, the cheapest Himself has got a shirt for is 120 Euro, not exactly Marks and Sparks non iron.
Can't fault the quality though, the shirts really do look the business, wash and iron well (with care obviously) and Himself wouldn't go anywhere else now.