Curtain Pole Bracket

E

Epsilon

I have a 3m long 28mm diameter brushed steel curtain pole.

The layout of the window will not allow for the brackets to be affixed to the wall above the window (as the window goes from floor to ceiling). While I can affix a bracket at either end to the walls at both sides of the window, it is not possible to affix a bracket to support the pole at its centre.

So far I have been unable to find a bracket that you can hang from the ceiling that allows for a diameter of 28mm and is similar to the brushed steel effect. I have asked Hickeys and the place I got the curtain rail from, but no luck so far.

It has been suggested that I use a swish rail, rather than a pole, but I would only consider this as a last resort.

I would appreciate any ideas!

You could get one made if was that important, and you were prepared to pay for it.

It will be as close to the ceiling as possible. The window comes up to the ceiling and the window frame is probably 1/2 to 1 inch, so there's not a lot of space.

>it is not possible to affix a bracket to support the pole at its centre

Why is this the case?

Leex - the only possible place to fix a bracket at the centre is to attach it to the ceiling. There is no available wall space and I couldn't affix a bracket to the window frame as there is a very slight recess and I need the pole to sit outside that recess.

Aircobra19 - I think getting one made might be a good idea. Do you have any ideas who would do that?

Would it look odd if the 2 side brackets are attached to wall and the centre one is turned up so as to attach to ceiling? You need to ensure that ceiling can hold the load. Ideally attached to a joist.

Probably would look weird. There are a number of joists across the span of the window, so fingers crossed that they would support the weight.

Alternatively screw the 3 brackets to the ceiling joists. Maybe use longer wood screws.