Curtain panels - where can I get

monkey0804

My saga with curtain searching continues! I've seen a perfect solution of curtain panels in IKEA catalogue and on some TV shows. Does anyone know if this is available anywhere in Ireland/Dublin or indeed online with delivery?

Thanks.

Hiya 0804

"Curtain Panels*. I presume you are thinking of voile or net curtains which just fit the window, i.e. either with tab tops or standard rail fit type. These can be purchased in most shops that sell curtains, but you may have difficulty in getting the exact size you need in ready made curtains. Why not give a few shops a ring, save the footwork, Harry Corrys, Duffys of Earl Street, Hickeys etc. They can usually get them made up for you, and would quote you, but naturally if you have to get them made up for you they will be more expensive than the ready mades - and certainly more expensive that Ikea. Hope this helps.

Sorry for delay in replying. I haven't been on line for ages.

I think I may have used the wrong description. Basically it's a railing system that allows you to hang panels of fabric that are multi-layering, so you could have different materials in the different panels (blackout at back, voile in front) that you can draw back and forward as needed. It's sort of oriental in style/look.

I hope this makes sense to someone that can point me in the right direction!

Thanks.

monkey,
you can order online from IKEA through the Edinburgh store:
[broken link removed]
:)

ah, that's a different kettle of fish. :) Those rails sound quite ingenious. I'd love to get my hands on some of those myself. I've checked out the Ikea site, but without the correct product name it's hard to find them there. So, monkey, any more details?.

Back again, I've just spotted something on the Ikea site (thanks Eeek) under "curtain & rod accessories". A pair of "double wall fittings". Is that what you are talking about. They seem to be suitable for hanging 2 rails on! one in front of the other - very knacky. Is that what you had in mind. Hmmmmmmm wonder if they can be mail ordered.

I've just checked out mail order - good cannot yet be ordered on the net *sigh*
cheers

Sorry Eeek, I should have take more note of what you said. I'm now checking with Ikea to see if I can order small items on line.:eek:

Kays.ie supply a "double pole set with ash ball finial, etc.......E59:(

The minimum freight charge on Ikea products is £50.

But if your into d.i.y. you could do what we have just done. Get some conduit saddle clips, they are easily obtainable in white, but a touch of black paint does the job if your rails are black. Take off the base part and use the half moon part. Affix them to the wall bracket and when attached they look identical to the double wall fitting that is available from Ikea. We used the extendable wall bracket, in that way we could leave a reasonable space between the lst and 2nd rail. Note I say "we", 'cause he who shall be nameless did the actual hole drilling on the brackets and on the saddle clips. The saddle clips are cheap, can be bough individually - as they say buy one and see would it suit your needs.

I am using my double wall brackets and poles for full length voile curtains, backed with lining.........cheers

I looked at them over a year ago in Brian S. Ryan in Dun Laoghaire. From what I recall, they were very expensive which put me off. I can't remember any of the details though other than the fact that they had some on display upstairs in the shop.

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has come across the panel curtain system by Hasta [or similar] anywhere in the country, north or south?

Hickeys Home Focus used to stock them but don't anymore & I've tried contacting the company directly to no avail.

I've looked at the IKEA version which would be grand but I don't like the actual panels that they have available & I have been told by an interiors shop making blinds/curtains to order that it's basically impossible for them to make panels for these systems [because of the dead straight edges of the panels etc.]

Thanks a mil :)

Hi Monkey,

I recently bought these panels from Ikea (brought them back on the plane) and find them great. They were no hassle to erect and the good thing is that you can have the rail as long as you like as you just connect as many rails together as you require. I have a triple rail system and have 4 panels. The triple rail is the most expensive, but altogether I'd say the whole thing cost about 150 Euro. The panels are 18-20 Euro each and come in a big variety of colours and designs. They are each 300m long, so you just cut them to fit. Definitely recommend this system...a change from the traditional!

I saw these for sale in the new Argos catalogue, page 401 to be exact, have a look first, they are now more popular than they used to be so Argos are selling them!! Closer to hhome and cheaper than you would think.

Hope this helps

Muffin

Back