(Curtain) Fabric Companies

pbyrne

Hi All,

We are searching around for curtain fabric at the moment and would like to know of some other suggestions apart from the following which we have tried already (but were pretty expensive):

Hickeys
Duffy's (at the top of Talbot Street)
Place on top floor of Jervis
(Going to look in Guineys today)

Have also got the names of a few other places from previous threads here - one place in Clondalkin sounds like it is worth a look. I have seen mention of another place called Gina-G but don't know whether they deal with the public.

We're looking just for the fabric and not for curtain making - does that rule out Clearys & Arnotts?

Thanks for any pointers

Not sure if you're willing to travel down as far as Naas, but there is a material shop on the main street called Material World, great selection and not expensive, lots of what i would consider luxurious fabrics are in the range of EUR25 sq yd. It's on the left if driving through Naas from Dublin, just past ACC bank i think.

Also a number of power sellers on ebay who sell good quality material at seriously discounted prices. Always check P&P costs though as this can swallow up any savings.

There is also a Fabric shop on Alexander Street in Dublin.. Does anyone know the name? Its supposed to have a good selection... Will be looking for some soon myself too.

Have you tried Murphy Seehy on Castle street between Powerscourt adn Grafton st I think?? Its the place where they sell loads of fabrics both dress and curtain also loads of unusual stuff, its where all the designers go to get fabrics cheap too, there is just rolls standing up all over the place, really tiny shop.

Check out - a company in Wales which has a lot of fabrics and patterns.

They sent us a (returnable) colour blanket with literally hundreds of colours on it and also told us that they could print any pattern sideways on the fabric so that we could avoid any joins in the blinds that my wife wants to make for the kitchen. ( This suggests that you could get plain material from them.)