Current public sentiment towards the housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howth 2, an exact replica on the southside. Well done lads, humerous.

A very well made 'spoof', if it wasn't for the giraffe only zoo I'd have fallen for it.

It was the shamrock shaped island that did it for me (along with the 3 yr timeline!!) It's probably some Media Studies thesis.... give that wo/man a 1st!!

I was talking at lunch to some friends and arguing that the 'soft landing' ain't going to happen but they are still firmly of the belief that prices will still go up, but only by a 'reasonable' 7-10% pa...... and they're both clued in to the financial markets

It will be interesting to hear if anyone quotes this as a serious development. Given the madness going around someone's not going to watch to the end of the video and believe it is real.

Can we have a prize for the best analogy?!

don't know if this is apt...

anyone evey been on a merry-go-round...or played "dizzy" as a kid.

you start spinning...you have to go faster to keep up, all going well...but eventually either your tummy packs in and ya puke, or someone else in the chain (or yourself) loses balance or dizziness takes over, and down the group fall.

If I meet any more former school mates who tells me he is a property developer I will shoot myself. Does anyone have a real job anymore. Housing has to fall-its just a matter of when and by how much.

It will be interesting to hear if anyone quotes this as a serious development. Given the madness going around someone's not going to watch to the end of the video and believe it is real.

Well its is real it appears. Funda.ie are mentioned on the site several times, so a promotional spoof possibly. http://www.funda.ie/ I suppose setting up yet another property website at the crest of Europe's biggest property bubble requires a highly developed sense of humor.

77 houses on myhome for sale in drumcondra. Seems alot.

and this for [broken link removed] in drumcondra. surely not.

On the subject of piss take developemnts I just heard a whisper on the underground grapevine that there is a consortium planning to build a cable car from Collins Barracke to the Point (or thereabouts).

I asked the guy who told me if they intended supporting it using sky-hooks... he said he wasn't sure on the details (didn't get my sarcasm at all).

Yep, promotional spoof, watch the last 5 seconds of the video!

On the subject of piss take developemnts I just heard a whisper on the underground grapevine that there is a consortium planning to build a cable car from Collins Barracke to the Point (or thereabouts).

I believe this is a real proposal (I'm not joking!)

Actually googled it and it is no secret (bloke who told me about it told me it was), can't believe they would be mad enough to do it though...
[broken link removed]

77 houses on myhome for sale in drumcondra. Seems alot.

and this for [broken link removed] in drumcondra. surely not.

you could fit a 1 bed apartment between it and the side wall so clearly it has "development potential"

Interestingly if you read the description there are no solid facts in it besidesthe "Decked back garden", it is all just wishy washy.

It is always interesting to read through these things and underline any provable facts. The less you have the more BS the piece is. They are just filling up space.

Check it out, I have highlighted the Facts in the text, the rest is all marketing BS.

To truly appreciate the imagination, flair and innovation which have gone into creating this unique and dramatic home, internal inspection is necessary. Behind the modest façade of this superbly convenient home its owner has cleverly enhanced and sympathetically restored, with the perfect balance of elegance and contemporary chic, to create a genuinely special home that is refreshingly different and yet wonderfully practical. Offering well proportioned rooms and stunning re-design this is a home where space and light have been allowed to prevail. This house is perfect for those lacking the time or energy to create their own masterpiece.The appeal of this amazing property is further enhanced by the wonderful decked rear garden, side entrance and the ample off-street parking to the front.
Situated on Richmond Road, this property enjoys a superb location just a short stroll from Drumcondra village with its many amenities and is within comfortable walking distance of the city centre.
Everything that isn't in bold is just opinion, the bold stuff are the only solid facts. Total BS piece.

(Im leaving out "restored" as a fact as that is hard to prove)

Check it out, I have highlighted the Facts in the text, the rest is all marketing BS.
In 'Freakonomics' he argues that the BS portion is always filtered out by purchasers anyway - they only pay attention to the facts. So the flowery prose beloved of most EAs (and SFitz in particular) is only to pad out their glossy brochures... which you end up paying for as part of the advertising costs.
On another note - has anyone else noticed the DNG habit of using photos of 'local coffee shop', 'park' etc to pad out their on-line brochures. It always makes me assume the house must be a total kip. I suppose they argue they're selling 'a lifestyle' (whatever the hell that is!?)

I operate on the following basis:

1) If there are no photographs - fine
2) If there are four photographs of various different rooms in the house, fine
3) If there is one photograph of the house and six photographs of, for example, the local train station, a view of the coast, the nearest public park, I assume the worst.

Threads like this, for example, could well become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Hurrah!

hurray? what about the implications of a crash on our economy?

This is something I have come around to over the last couple of weeks. In conclusion, I don't believe embassy belt red-bricks will survive the shock wave (the epicentre being in the Lucan/Adamstown area).

It seems to me that Dublin will NOT come out of this one unscathed!

Status
Not open for further replies.