current account fees

C

cailin

Any banks out there that waive fees if customer stays in the black? I'm with PTSB and seem to clock up a lot of charges.

Have a read of this especially the IFSRA link
speechless-smiley-010.gif

NIB's FreeBank seems to be a no brainer. Having said that I'm actually with PSTB myself but avoid al charges other than stamp duties and DD setup charges by keeping the required balance....

A point to note about no charges for a minimum deposit is that the arrangement is arbitrary and can be withdrawn at any stage.

It can then be inconveneint to move elsewhere, cancel & change direct debits etc.

ebs

may I recommend banking with EBS for such things as direct debits etc.
They have an online facility. The slight drawback with moving funds thru it is that you have to set up a tele mandate for each account you want to move funds to, which requires filling out and returning a form for each one(each account, not each transaction).
This compares with for example BOIs Banking 365 where you can move funds to any account once you have the details.
EBS does not charge for this facility or the tele mandates (I just checked) and is not reliant on you having a required sum in credit.
I move a lump sum over to my EBS account a month and have all my direct debits coming from there thus saving on my BOI charges.

Back