currency converting

C

Cola

Hi, I was wondering if now would be a good time to change a lump sum of USD to EURO, thanks

This would suggest not. Whether the rate may get worse is hard to say with any certainty.

Is the USD lump sum earning any interest where it is?

no i'm afraid not but i think i may just have to bite the bullet and cash up incase it does get worse thanks for the info

we are near recent high currently 1.4850 (interbank)

it is possible you could get around the 1.45 (trading rate) if you use a decent broker but all depends you your time scale.

check out there is daily updates on where the Euro dollar pair is moving.

call your bank and call currency.ie to see who offer better rates, the latter offer forwards etc

i would it expected to move back towards 1.50 level, i would use a FX broker to put a limit order into the market (best case sinareo - instantly buys at desired rate)

and i agree with ccraig i would allways recommend getting a comparison with your bank and a fx broker like currency.ie or omnisfx. And use the one which offers you the best rate.

it would be a better time now if you havnt allready. had a look at a few graphs of the EUR/ USD market and seems like the Euro will continue to weaken against the Dollar to around the 1.31 level.

Back