Cul Aitinn, Galway

Centless

Hi there,

Anybody know anything about Cul Aitinn Development on the Clybaun Rd in Knocknacrra, Galway. Well priced or over priced at €670k for 5 bed - some still available I think .....

Any input appreciated ..........

Depends on what you want it for. If you are buying it as a future family home and have the family to fill it then they certainly are fine houses. However as an investment (to rent) I wouldnt rate it - 5 beds are too big and Knocknacarragh already has a large percentage of rental properties.

Wasn't this estate billed as 'exclusive' and 'luxury'? If memory serves me right, the developer is looking for PP for a townhouse development at the back = traffic = cars all over the place. Could be wrong, check it out with the Council.

spinal_tap said:
Wasn't this estate billed as 'exclusive' and 'luxury'?
Those two particular words are applied to every housing estate in Galway nowadays .

They mean nothing , absolutely nothing ....just so you know the next time .

2Pack said:
Those two particular words are applied to every housing estate in Galway nowadays .

They mean nothing , absolutely nothing ....just so you know the next time .

What I meant was, the reason these houses were so expensive (compared to similar units around Knocknacarra) when launched 18 months ago was that the development was only supposed to be around 10 houses with a high-spec finish for the slightly more affluent househunter. Now (I think) they're going throwing terraced units up the back (bringing down the tone of the neighbourhood, don't you know!!!).

And you got that assurance in writing in the contract did you ??

Ya, I know what you're saying. I'd be fairly sick if I forked out 700k for a 'wannabee' exclusive address, only to find that high density building would be going on two years down the line.

Clybaun is a better bet than ballymoneen because no social housing is planned on the clybaun road . (but you should check yourself just in case I'm wrong )

Its also closer to the 'centre of Knocknacarra' and worth a premium over ballymoneen and cappagh for that convenience.

start your research here

[broken link removed]

Did a bit of digging since:
(1) the development is advertised as having 28 houses (mainly 5 / 6 bed detached) with a few detached dormer bungalows at the back in phase 2. Interesting point about townhouses - I'll have to research!!

(2) There is a 70 unit affordable housing development right beside it (different entrance) being built by O'Malley's currently. Anybody know anything about this? - For the record, I'd have no issue whatsoever about this.