Cuban visa

sue_flaherty

Hi

Need to apply for cuban visa - do I need to have the flight tickets before I can do so or is a letter from travel agent with details of dates and accomodation enough

letter from agent is fine.
You need the first 3 days of your accomodation booked before you arrive.
(i recommend booking it all before you arrive or it will cost you a fortune as i found out)

Avoid Air France if its not too late.
Have fun

Cuban Embassy
2 Adelaide Court
(off Adelaide Road)
Dublin 2
Consular opening hours:
Monday to Friday (10.00 am to 2.00 pm)
E-mail for inquires or requesting visa forms:
easyapplication@hotmail.com
Telephone: 4752999 4750899
The requirements for tourist visa are:

• Completed and signed application form.
  • Photocopy of the main page of the passport (valid for 6 month after the departure from Cuba).
  • Photocopy of your return ticket or letter from your travel agent confirming you have a return ticket.
  • If applying by post, a registered self-addressed envelope to send the visa back.
  • A Visa fee of 22.00 Euros (cash or money order payable to the Cuban Embassy are acceptable. If applying by post cash is not acceptable).

Ok not to worry but they do roll out the oldest plane they can find for this flight - adds to the experience i guess
Bring your own entertainment for the flight and possibly some nibbles.
Also when leaving havava make sure your duty free is sealed - They dont usually (didnt with me) - Nothing worse than giving away all that yummie cuban rum to some security guy in france ( i got lucky though i had time to leave and check back in otherwise it was gone -some others were less fortunate)

An address provided by a US American company in use by the Cuban embassy is actually what makes this even more strange.

Have a little suggestion for you on your trip.
There is an Irish Charity called who provide spare parts for pianos in Cuba.
They have been so successful that they are now refurbishing every piano on the island.

If you are going to Cuba, they ask if you could take 1kg of spare parts with you.
Its all done with the blessing of Cuban embassy & Irish Dept. Foreign Affairs.
It could take you out of the tourist trail & into[broken link removed].

Just a suggestion!