cuba

potnoodler

Looking for flights to Cuba , don't figure I'll be going with a package deal only bother is that I probably won't have access to the US due to overstaying my welcome on a number of occasions in the good old pre-bush days, anyone got indication on who flies there-direct/indirect-chartered+schelduled

You wouldn't be able to get to Cuba via the United States as Americans aren't permitted to visit, Canada would be your best best although there are no direct flights to Canada from Ireland this time of year. I believe there may be package deals via the UK as when I've been to Cuba in the past there were many British people at the same complex.
Hope that helps,
ad

www.globespan.com will get you to Toronto quite cheap. Stopover in Shannon but its for about 40mins so its not too bad

BA & Air Canada also fly there.

Air Canada then fly to Cuba, your better off booking the whole package including flights from Canada, try www.itravel2000.ca

Cheers

I flew with Cubana and would recommend them. You can also pre-book internal flights with them.

[broken link removed]

I flew Shannon - Havana direct a few years ago (2001 I think) with Aeroflot - don't know if they are still flying that route though. The other option at the time was via Paris with Air France and direct from there.

Aeroflot weren't the best airline - they were the only airline at the time that still allowed smoking on board! But they did get us there and back okay and we were upgraded on the outward flight as we were delayed by a few hours, so that was quite nice. Economy did leave a bit to be desired though....

Those routes might be a bit more direct than through Canada if they are still running.

Hi,

we have flown to Cuba several times. First was thru Shannon with Aeroflot. Cheap and ok. The remainer was via London with Cubanna. They were fine. Friends flew thru Paris and more thru Madrid, though I think there are long stopovers via Madrid. Do not book a package holiday is my advice. You end up staying in tourist resorts that are not what Cuba is really like. Travel as much as you feel comfortable with, we use the bus and train. We love the place and everyone we know who has gone has too. Enjoy. Optimistic

I flew to Havana via Paris with Air France in 2004; good airline (left Dublin 09:00 and arrived in Havana 18:00 local time).

I agree with the previous post; don't book a package holiday as you will more than likely end up in somewhere like Varadero which while is lovely beach resort, you don't get to see the real Cuba.

We hired a car and travelled around the island under own steam; really would recommend this

Back