Cruise holiday - solo traveller

cmalone

I am looking at a Middle East cruise holiday in March (as have 10 days of work that need to be taken ASAP) and considering some offers. All appear to charge double if I go as a solo traveler ... total 1 night city hotel 7 night cruise c. €2000 and what would a neutral person do in this situation ? Also - pay extra €200 for balcony ? Based on above I expect total would be €3k incl ‘pocket money’ ...

Travel agent also suggested a Med cruise solo in March - 1200 total (inside cabin) - again expect total with pocket money €2k ... no city overnight needed as fly direct and home ...

Any advice - need to decide early this week

Have a look at - it gives details of operators who don't have such excessive charges for singles. However, if you can afford it and you really want to go on that particular cruise you might as well sign up. I would check a few travel agents before making a final decision. Enjoy!

Check prices on vacationstogo.com and cruisecritic. However, so early in the season will mean your choice of lines will be limited.
A balcony is nice but in March on the Med not really necessary.
There are usually lots of outdoor areas on board where you can sit/lie and enjoy the hopefully sunny weather.

Back