Cruise Advert False Advertising

roker

Has anyone seen the adverts in the travel agents for a cruise where the 2nd passenger pays only one Euro?
I went into the travel agent and said that I want to go as single and not have a 2nd passenger, so do I just pay the price for one. After they phone up the cruise company I was told that the single supplement was 80% on the first price.
Surely this is false advertising, 2 people go for a single price +€1, but a single person goes for a single price +80%.

80% is actually quite good , the single surcharge is normally 100%.

Btw , those second person go for €1 are just a silly advertising thing. They are only available on the list price for the cruise , which is normally double what you would pay anyway.

If you post what cruise/cabin you are looking at I can post back with what the fair price is.

The ad doesn't make any claims about single passenger fares so it is not false advertising as long as 2 people can indeed travel for single fare + €1 (although as jhegarty points out, this is just to hook you in). What about signing up a friend to go who then can't travel at the last minute?

What is false advertising is the Gillett adverts that say their products are "the best a man can get". Sorry but a couple of super models, a Porsche 911, a house by the sea in Biarritz and a couple of million in the bank... now that's the best a man can get. :D

What is false advertising is the Gillett adverts that say their products are "the best a man can get". Sorry but a couple of super models, a Porsche 911, a house by the sea in Biarritz and a couple of million in the bank... now that's the best a man can get. :D

And what about a doctor wife and four kids :confused:

Anyone fancy a cruise

Don't let the ad put you off , it's the only way the holiday.

The NCL Epic (which is under construction) is the first ship in many years that will feature single cabins. So perhaps the other lines will follow and make things cheaper for the solo traveller.

Back