Healthcare costs - not insurance Cross Border Directive

MaryBe

Hi, my daughter has resorted to instigating the 'Cross Border Directive' for her daughter who suffers terribly with Tonsillitis as the waiting list in the south is endless. My Grand-daughter seems to be constantly on Anti-biotics.
Today, she had a consultation in Belfast at a cost of £200+. She was advised that the operation will cost €4,000+. My question is: Has anybody used this service and reclaimed the expenses from the HSE? If so, please enlighten me so that I can help her. Many thanks

The Scheme is actually called the Northern Ireland Planned Healthcare Scheme and full details can be found at the link.

If you want details on how it works at a practical level, you could consider contacting Michael Collins TD's Dáil Office as he has been using the scheme on a monthly basis for the past few years to get his constituents' cataracts removed in a Belfast Hospital.
(I phoned his office once to make a similar enquiry and he answered the phone himself and was very helpful!)

The Scheme is actually called the Northern Ireland Planned Healthcare Scheme and full details can be found at the link.

If you want details on how it works at a practical level, you could consider contacting Michael Collins TD's Dáil Office as he has been using the scheme on a monthly basis for the past few years to get his constituents' cataracts removed in a Belfast Hospital.
(I phoned his office once to make a similar enquiry and he answered the phone himself and was very helpful!)
Thank you so much. much appreciated

Back