Crosbies Yard D3

godub

Hi all have just looked at apts in crosbies yard. Just wondering has anyone got opinions on the area and the apt block. thinking of making an offer. cheers

Hi there,

My friend bought a 1 bed ground floor apt there in July (approx.) - its a very nice apt. with the bedroom and bathroom being above the living room (in a mezzanie type style)
Overall, he's very happy with the apt. However there's a couple of things that might be of interest to you....
1. The origonal price quoted to him was €210K - he eventually negotiated it to approx. €195K. I passed by there recently and I noticed that they are now further reduced in price - but there might still be some room for negotiation...
2. The TVs in the apts. can only be connected to on providor - I dont remember the name, but its not NTL or SKY and the quality of the TV reception is poor.
3. He advises that you choose a unit away from the train lines which pass on one side of the apt. complex - it's a very busy line, so noise could be an issue.
4. There have been a few incidents in the underground car park where cars have been damaged (I believe one was set on fire)...

Having said this - he's been very happy since moving in and is overall pleased with his purchase.

Thanks Macstuff. Can you let me no did he buy apt at railway tracks and did he get parking with his? the prices have been reduced. i am looking at same apt as him but not besisde railway.

No he bought his on the ground floor of one of the blocks on the opposite side to the railway line... it looks onto a patio area shared with the four ground floor apts in his section.

He didn't buy a parking space with his - they were priced seperately and as he doesn't drive he decided against buying it.

cheers macstuff... i need parking so giving this place a serious though... i will be going back to EA with concerns about parking and TV service.... if the answers aint right i wont be going any further....

Best of luck with it... if you want more information let me know... Im sure my friend would be happy to take a phone call if you have more detailed questions.......