Croke Parkings!

macnas

Can anyone recommend a suitable parking area for Croke PArk on Sunday? I will be coming from the Naas road. Would the Mad (Red)Cow park and ride be secure and take the Luas?

As Far as I know - it is during the day, but I wouldn't leave it there over night - I have a friend whose car was robbed over night.

Could ones car not be robbed from a "secure" area in Dublin airport sure !!!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not drive over to Maynooth railway station and get the Arrow?
25 minutes later, step off at Connolly and stroll up Amiens Street/NCR...
[broken link removed]

Use the M50, get off at the Finglas exit, drive down to Glasnevin Cemetary and park outside it. Jump on a 40 (any of them) down to Dorset Street or stroll down, its a nice walk down to Harts Corner then down the Canal from Cross Guns Bridge.

Why not drive over to Maynooth railway station and get the Arrow?
25 minutes later, step off at Connolly and stroll up Amiens Street/NCR...
[broken link removed]

Ah jaysus, sure you could get off at Drumcondra and stroll down Clonliffe Road-quicker! (or nip into Quinns on the way...)

Are the clampers active in this area on a sunday? Near Glasnevin? Does it state on parking notices if it is a clamping area?

There are plenty of places to park legally (some free) near enough to Croke Park without having to get on buses etc. If you are driving into the city, get there early and drive around until you find something suitable.

Are the clampers active in this area on a sunday? Near Glasnevin? Does it state on parking notices if it is a clamping area?
There was something in the papers this morning or yesterday about the clampers, the local authorities and Croke Park. But to answer your question - yes the clampers are active, very very active.

Try some of the rugby clubs on the south side : Ross O'Carroll-Kelly tells me they will run secure transport across the border into Iraq : sorry across the Liffey on to the Northside.

Or you could just sail round Dublin Bay with Ross on his yacht and dock at the Royal Canal......

(OK, back OT.....)

Yeah that reminds me of something else that was in the papers this morning. The pubs in Ballsbridge are charging a fiver round trip for a bus to Croke Park. Park the car, get the bus, come back and your fiver ticket gets you a free pint. But as you are driving skip the pint. A fiver is cheap for all day parking in Dublin as the streets/roads around Ballsbridge will be deserted.

Park and ride plus Luas = €4 + Luas €3.70 so for two of us €11.40. How long does the Luas take to go from Madcow to rail station? When are you not in a clamping zone in Drumconda/Griffith Avenue area. Are clamping zones well indicated?

Ye Gods - have any of ye never been to an All-Ireland final. There's no problem parking in the city centre on a Sunday. The parnell street car park is handy for getting out of the city quickly and isn't too long a walk from the stadium. If you're there early enough, there's usually parking around mountjoy sq which is free on Sunday.

That said, the park and ride into the city from the red cow might be just the thing if you don't want to have the hassle of driving into the city - it stops at Connolly station and you can walk from there

There's lots of free parking in Glasnevin/Drumcondra on a Sunday. Just obey any parking restrictions in force and you won't be clamped. A lot of the restrictions are Monday to Saturday restrictions anyway.

I'm laughing at the Ballsbridge pubs offering the enticement of the bus from da Southside to da Northside....As long as its just the Irish who take the enticement we Northside women would be happy to hold onto the French.... :p

Ah, another [broken link removed] fan... ;) (link not particularly recommended for the workplace, unless your co-workers are of similar mind. Mind you, given that new Adidas kit, I can understand them preferring to pose au naturel... :eek: ).

Anyway, I thought you couldn't buy a pint for under €5 on the Sahthside?

Dr. M...finally got to the laptop at home to look at the link you posted.....Noice...thank you! But as for that new kit...Its hideous!

I parked at the Park&ride at Red Cow. Got the Luas from there to Connolly. Excellent service. Loads of staff present. However my Luas ticket was never checked. There was no turnstile or barrier to accept the ticketat entry or exit. Is this the normal on the Luas? Also in the Park&ride I got a parking ticket from a machine. There was no instruction on the ticket as to what to do with it. Did I place it on the windscreen? Or use it to exit? I kept it in my pocket and there was no barrier on my exit. Is there any check done to see if a ticket was bought? And any check on the number of hours parked?
The cost of constructing the Luas was too expensive to allow sloppy supervision of ticketing and parking!

There are spot checks on the Luas when inspectors board the trams and inspect tickets. There's no ticket check on boarding/exiting. It's similar to tram systems all over Europe, although the bright yellow jackets the inspectors wear are ,in my experience unique, to ireland! (In Germany, they don't have any uniform, but merely wave their ID in your face. Makes it harder for ticket dodgers to spot them boarding and hop off before the doors shut)

Back