Croke Park side of Drumcondra

JohnJay

Hi everyone

There are a few properties between Croke Park and Drumcondra which seem to be good value. I'm talking about Fitzroy ave, Russell Ave, Elizabeth St areas. I can see negative points of not having off-street parking and the railway line (maybe a bit noisey), but I also see positives of being near the city centre and very near Drumcondra train station (and maybe Metro North in the future).

Has anyone got any other views on this area?

No views as such only that I have been looking at a few properties in teh area myself on the net only to date and was thinking the same way as you.
I therefore hope someone in the know can give us some feedback.

I am from that area and also looking to buy close by. It is an extremely convenient area with town beside you botanic gardens and phoenix park not to far and a 15min drive to the airport. there are also plenty of schools nearby if ever needed. The only hassle is on match days if you go out you are not guaranteed a parking spot on the road when you get back some of the roads are mon-sun disk parking which you will have a permit for so not many other cars will park there. there is talk of a no carzone of 1km on match days. As for the railway line you wouldn’t even notice the noise after a week especially with double glazing.

Back