Croatia tour operator or independent

cara mc k

Dear AAM readers,

I would like to go to Croatia this year, Dubrovnik Area, have got the tour operator brochures, but it is mainly hotels, and I would prefer an apartment. Also Aer Lingus flight only is very expensive to do it that way.

Can anyone help me, such as options for flight only, any apartments people recommend, or even good tour operators.

Would love to hear from you all

Many thanks
Cara Mc K

I can point out a bad one but it's probably best to just search for it and I think they may be gone now anyway.

Yes. Didn't know that they were still going. Their Capel Street office was vacated a while back. I didn't realise that the had moved and assumed that they had shut up shop or been sold or something.

Yes. Didn't know that they were still going. Their Capel Street office was vacated a while back. I didn't realise that the had moved and assumed that they had shut up shop or been sold or something.

Did you have problems with them Clubman? Interested to know cos I used them before to go to Croatia and found them very good and have recommended them to friends. They are moved to Pembroke Street now as far as I know.

OP I went to Dubrovnik last year and I did look into booking it myself but the flights were expensive enough as you said and by the time you book a hotel n all that it worked out more expensive so I just went with the travel agent in the end.
Plus we were visiting an island aswell and concorde looked after all the boat transfers for us - they can be awkward enough to organise and we preferred to have it all done for us and not have to worry when we got there!

Dubrovnik is lovely but I would recommend doing a few days on one of the islands aswell - amazing!.
If you need anymore regarding islands and accomodation there just pm me.
For apartments in Dubrovnik - look on ( you probably know it already but I would advise using this to check reviews of places you are thinking of booking)
Another tour operator is www.croatiatours.ie
(I haven't used them before but went into them for a chat and they seemed ok, they just didn't do tours for the island I wanted to go for)

Oh right I see. Not a good experience for you obviously and no doubt you were treated shabbily.I see that was over 3 years ago though so I'm just wondering if they have changed significantly since then? I see they are owned by Joe Walsh tours now, was this always the case?, Don't know if that would make a difference anyway but just curious.

Anyhow, I used them last year and I found no problems with them whatsoever. I liked the fact that all of the staff are Croatian and they knew what the places were like first hand and they were so helpful - gave what we found to be very honest appraisals of the places we were looking at.

Anyway OP however you decide to book your holiday - you will love Croatia, its a beautiful country!