Croatia, Salmonella Enteritidis

practitioner

Hi,
My wife and I have just returned from Dubrovnik and stayed in a good hotel and did not eat in any particularly suspicious eateries.Unfortunately we succumbed to salmonella from a possible bernaise sauce we suspect.This was from a good restaurant.Again we have only our suspicions to go on.A lot of the tourist and indigenous population have been affected.Please take care anyone who plans to travel while the weather continues to be very warm there.

we were in croatia in june, husband warned me off anything containing cream as it went off in heat and made people sick...so we avoided all the tempting cream cakes etc and stuck to pastries with coffee instead.

ice-cream was okay .

GOod warning. The problem with water, discussed on a property thread, is really not good in certain areas, worrying that it seems to be the same in Dubrovnik. There have been reports in local papers that finally the country is cleaning up it's act in relation to sewage treatment. It seems that while the areas mroe affected by the war have been quick to renovate and clean up, the coast is way behind. Not very enticing.