CRO Yearly returns - File myself instead of Accountant

shipibo

Is it difficult to do your own Company Registration Office (CRO) annual returns.

My accountant does it presently, but have not used the company for a five years,
and it is expensive to maintain.

I would like to take back company admin from Accountant, and files forms myself,
I believe it only costs 20 EUR to CRO.

It is relatively straightforward, and you can call the CRO for help if you do have any issue. However if you have an audit exemption and you loose it for any reason, perhaps by being late with a return, that will cost you.

It is relatively straightforward, and you can call the CRO for help if you do have any issue. However if you have an audit exemption and you loose it for any reason, perhaps by being late with a return, that will cost you.

Thanks for the prompt reply Cremeegg,

I have previous B1 annual return and abridged financial statement, do you know is there anything else I need?

Just an update:

The First time it may seem daunting, but is not complicated once you have done it

Here are steps I followed

1. Setup an account on CORE.CRO.IE

2. Go to tab for B1 Reports and fill out , around 10 pages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgMpx23Wzk

3. On page 2, They look for a financial statement from your business, you can use a previous financial report from your accountant, and update document.

The financial report has to be uploaded to the site

https://youtu.be/fxgMpx23Wzk?t=306

4. When you fill it out, you have to pay 20 EUR by credit card. Once this is done The accounts are done.

5. You need to post a signed first page of the B1 statement, and page 4 and page 6 of the financial report.

Signatures from you and a director are necessary. The postal address is on the B1 form, it is in Carlow

Thanks again, and best of luck

I understand CRO is moving to electronic filing including signature.

Be aware of what that entails.

My understanding of the legal position is that the accounts still have to be certified by some form of signature. As far as I'm aware when the new system is rolled out you won't have to post in a wet-signed page but you will have to upload a signed page for the accounts certification. Signing via ROS certificate without needing an actual signature (as with submission of tax returns etc) won't totally fulfil the CRO filing requirements. It's an improvement but still a little disappointing.

Back