Cricket tickets ?

zag

Does anyone know how/where to get tickets for the cricket that is on in Clontarf at the moment ?

I have had a look at the Clontarf Cricket Club website here - http://www.clontarfcricket.com - but I don't see anything there. The events are listed, but I can't find the details regarding pricing, etc . . .

It is possible that you don't need tickets I guess, but I don't want to turn up with the kids and *then* find it is sold out.

Thanks,

z

i think you would be safe enough turning up at clontarf, however there's a very good deal whereby if you buy tickets to the west indies v ireland game on saturday you'll get a free ticket to the west indies v scotland game on thursday (too late for the freebie for west indies v netherlands today) not sure if that would apply to buying at the gate. the link below will give you the details
[broken link removed]
here's hoping the weather improves

I just phoned the ICU and the lady told me they would be at the gate for me on Saturday and I just pay for them then. She gave me a confirmation number but I didn't give her any payment details. When I asked how it was going to work with the free ticket, she didn't seem to know very much. I think if I go along on Thursday, they might be there.

I hope the weather picks up.

Does anyone know what time play starts on Saturday?

I'm going along with one of the zagamuffins on Saturday. I'll go there for the morning anyway, but does anyone know how long it is likely to go on for ? It would be great to stay for the whole match, but if I have an idea of how long it might be I can at least prime zagamuffin #2 so he knows what to expect.

I know it will depend on how the wickets fall, etc . . . just looking for a guide.

z

Looks like rain forecast for Saturday which could delay things or put a spanner in the works altogether!

The match was enjoyable and although affected by the rain, there was a good 90-120 minutes of play to watch. I would have preferred a good bit more, but what can you do when it rains ? The early phase was a bit of a joke as it seemed that there was a major discussion going on up near the crease and it turned out to be because the run-up was a bit wet . . . it had just rained, so no surprise there. Once it eventually got going again after lunch it was fun to watch.

z