Credit ratings

C

caged

I was wondering how bad has one's loan and credit card repayment history have to be for it to register negatively on the ICB report (I've just applied online for my copy but won't be getting it for a few days)

Over the past few years I've had...

A car loan, recently finished. One month last year, I miscalculated how much money was in my bank account and the DD didn't go through first time. The bank came back for the money a few days later and the payment went through. I still got a snotty letter from them though.

A Bank of Ireland credit card. I've not always been the best at paying it on time. Sometimes the payment might be a week or two late though I can't say there's ever been a month where I didn't make a repayment. Will this count against me?

I was wondering how bad has one's loan and credit card repayment history have to be for it to register negatively on the ICB report (I've just applied online for my copy but won't be getting it for a few days)
As far as I know lenders should register any missed payments automatically but some are tardier or less thorough than others in this respect. Have you read the info on the ICB and CitizensInformation websites about the ICB reports?

Back