Credit cards with inducements cash back etc..

monkeyboy

My CC gets some serious usage and I pay it off 90% of the time in the period.
Im looking for a cc that offers cash back or some "more you spend more you ..." type offers.

My CC has had huge transactions in the last few years, something like a 1% cash back offer I would be laughing.

Anyone know of any good offers out there.

cheers
MB

Aib Platinum card gives cash back 1percent I think

Not quite, see below

Full info [broken link removed]

Amex Blue cashback details

see full info [broken link removed]

Also, if you shop in Tesco's you can use their CC to get extra club card points, 1.5 for each €1 in Tesco stores, and 0.5 for each €1 spent in any other outlet worldwide. Points will earn you vouchers which convert 1 point = 1 cent, which you can spend in Tesco Stores. Also get €40 Shopping vouchers when you open an account, up to 20th May 2007.

see here for info

AMEX Blue would be accepted in less locations though, wouldn't it?

pigsback.ie give piggy points which is the equivalent of about 1% cashback, but you can only spend it on a limited number of rewards, one of them is phone credit but there is a 20% surcharge, so you really get about ~0.8% cashback. This scheme is fine if you are buying a bit of phone credit as we do in our house. There are also a few easy piggy points to be got on the pigsback website answering stupid quizes etc. so overall its better than a kick in the bollix.

No, because they cost the retailer a little more. But they're accepted in the likes of Dunnes, Tesco etc. and at virtually all petrol stations, hotels, most restaurants, etc. — wherever American tourists are likely to pass, I guess. You can even use it to pay your car tax (but not online).

I clock up about €20K a year on mine, and get €200-odd cashback each year, credited to the account on the anniversary of when I opened it. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...

I thought about the AMEX but you would probably still need a regular cc so you are caught for the stamp duty twice.

Same as myself...I think I'll ring up AIB and abuse them because I haven't been offered that credit card. It's pretty frustrating the way the customer has to seek out the new product from their bank nowadays.

Also, if you travel a lot you need a Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and sometimes Diners to be covered...at least in my experience.

The trick is to try to use the Amex Blue card as much as possible - if you use it enough to earn over 40 euro money back, then you've offset the govt. duty.....

wow perfect timing, I applied last week, how long does it take to get the card (or the refusal letter)

Same as myself...I think I'll ring up AIB and abuse them because I haven't been offered that credit card. It's pretty frustrating the way the customer has to seek out the new product from their bank nowadays.

I think you will end up even more frustrated if you ring AIB, this is from recent personal experience. However, abuse is probably not the way to go.

BTW The email address for their customer support unit in Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, is cust.support@aib.ie