Credit card with no salary last 12 months?

A

adam_net

Hi Folks,

Recently started a new job and need a credit card to book travel etc and expense back to company. Only problem is, i've been out of work a year so no track record of salary the last 12 months. My current banking instituion turned me down. Said i need 6 months of salaries to apply.

Any advice on whereelse I could apply?

www.payzonmoney.ie is one option - no bank account needed, lodge cash to it. Loading the card and purchasing costs money, very simple to use, but have you checked the financial best buys section?

Try applying for tesco online and applying for MBNA online. I think one of the two will give you a card.

I found Tescorefused me when i applied 2 years ago, despite good salary etc. Although they gave no reason, it may have been that I had returned to Ireland after some time overseas. MBNA were more helpful and approved card with decent credit limit.

Can your company not provide a card for you? Never heard of someone holding their own card and sounds a bit risky to me. Presumably you will be able to charge for stamp duty or any interest that may be incurred.

Tesco refused me also a few years ago, but accepted me this time, so I think good chance for OP with Tesco.

Sue Ellen, some companies do expect employees to expense these sort of items...but if you explain you have no card, I imagine the company would come up with a solution.