credit card which?axa?

davfran

Recently read axa give grt deals on their cedit cards, anyone got one. Affiliated to MBNA, any small print/conditions to worry about? Am only interested in credit card to book hols, flights, apts. Not interested in having to spend a couple of grand per year to benefit from lower interest rates. Or is there a better card out there that suits someone like myself, don't believe in borrowing. I would prefer to plan and save for that one holiday, and make sure it is in the bank a/c before I book. Any suggestions appreciated.

Have you checked the Best Buys forum? If you don't think you will use the loyalty bonus associated with the Axa card, don't bother.

I have checked loads of sites, I would prefer to hear from people who use credit cards for the same purpose as myself. Thanks for your advice.

Not interested in having to spend a couple of grand per year to benefit from lower interest rates.
Interest rates charged are irrelevant if you always clear your CC bill on time. If you are planning on using a credit card for longer term borrowing then chances are you should not and should use some other source of credit (e.g. secured or unsecured loan) instead as it will generally be cheaper.
Or is there a better card out there that suits someone like myself, don't believe in borrowing. I would prefer to plan and save for that one holiday, and make sure it is in the bank a/c before I book. Any suggestions appreciated.
If you clear your bill on time then any card should do. Although you might want to look at some of the charges (e.g. forex margin on non € transactions) and other terms & conditions (e.g. how long is the credit period). IFSRA have a good CC cost survey that is worth checking.

Back