Credit card used by someone else

zxcvbnm

I just checked my credit card account today and saw that someone used it for a transaction in a hostel in liverpool totalling €100.

I rang teh creditcard company - they said the will carry out a fraud investigation and if they are satisfied it was fraud they will refund me teh money.

How do they determine iof it was/was not fraud?

Card Issuers have fraud systems hat can detect it.

Simply my looking at the detail that they recive as part of the authorisation message will give them a good idea whether it is fraud or not.

The staff employed by in these fraud departments are very experienced and trained to spot the genuine fraud.

Is that true?

The fraud dept. of Tesco have blocked my card several times, when the transactions were normal. For example, I was purchasing wood from a company I'd used several times previously,.. and another time the card was blocked because I transferred money to a gambling site... again I'd previously transferred money to the same site on other occasions, over a period of several months, so it doesn't make sense why they'd have blocked the card on a particular random occasion, the amount was 50 Euro. They also claimed to have tried to ring me to confirm but that doesn't seem to have been the case.

Back