Credit card payment

Frank Underwood

Hi,

Hope everyone is safe and well.

I realised yesterday that I had not paid off my credit card balance. It should have been done by 29 April. I had a few things come up in the last week with my parents who are cocooning in another county and it totally slipped my mind. I transferred money on Saturday May 2nd and I sent a message to BOI immediately explaining the error.

They have replied saying any arrears have to be reported to the credit rating bureau. I have never missed any repayment on anything before. Does snyone know how long I will have a record of this with the credit rating bureau.

We are hoping to trade up in 2+ years, will this be an issue? So annoyed with myself. Thanks for reading.

There's a grace period built into CCR. You'll be fine.
You'd be better off setting up a DD to repay it to avoid it happening again.

Hi,

Hope everyone is safe and well.

I realised yesterday that I had not paid off my credit card balance. It should have been done by 29 April. I had a few things come up in the last week with my parents who are cocooning in another county and it totally slipped my mind. I transferred money on Saturday May 2nd and I sent a message to BOI immediately explaining the error.

They have replied saying any arrears have to be reported to the credit rating bureau. I have never missed any repayment on anything before. Does snyone know how long I will have a record of this with the credit rating bureau.

We are hoping to trade up in 2+ years, will this be an issue? So annoyed with myself. Thanks for reading.

You can put up a "Notice of Correction" on your CCR advising the reason for the late payment to the credit card. Any Lenders assessing new credit for you will be able to see your note.

Back