Credit Card & Loan Debt

JazzyG216

Can anyone advise if BOI would roll a credit card debt and loan debt into 1 debt payment? I have outstanding credit card debt of €6.5k and loan debt of €2.5k - I have managed to keep paying €50 off my loan every week but haven't been able to make a credit card payment in 6 months

Only one way to really find out.
If they say no just go to another bank or the credit union.

Cut up the credit card, you don't need it. Otherwise you run the risk of running up the credit card again once you consolidate. Many people do this and get themselves into a worse financial position.

Last edited:
Can anyone advise if BOI would roll a credit card debt and loan debt into 1 debt payment? I have outstanding credit card debt of €6.5k and loan debt of €2.5k - I have managed to keep paying €50 off my loan every week but haven't been able to make a credit card payment in 6 months
can u move to a credit card (balance transfer) with a low introductory offer of 0%? and make the minimum payments on that whilst not using it for spending?

Hi JazzyG216, I'm pretty sure BOI would roll your credit card debt and loan together into a term loan.
They did it for me a few years back. And lengthened the term to reduce the repayments.
They love order, they would prefer you religiously pay the €50 per week than have missed or skipped payments or accumulating card debt.

I'm on a variable rate loan and I can make extra payments without being penalised.
I hope to clear my loan in 2020.

Back