Credit card fees?

lenovoguy

Hi all

I got a leaflet in the door from AIB advising me of hikes in credit card fees.

Late payment, over limit, returned payment have gone up to 7 euro while APR on cash withdrawals has gone up to a whopping 22% variable. Can anyone offer me a justification for these charges?

Whatever about justifying them surely you can easily avoid them by using the CC as a cashflow management tool rather than a source of borrowing (other than during the "free" credit/biling period) and thus avoiding situations in which those sorts of charges apply? If you're not happy with the card then check out the Financial Best Buys forum and www.itsyourmoney.ie lists/surveys of other cards on the market.

Well im not expecting to be hit by any of them as i always pay 100% of my balance in full and on time, but these costs are not as what is displayed on AIB's website - see
[broken link removed]

So im wondering why I've been singled out? Is this an across the board increase or have I alone incurred this cost increase for some reason?

Maybe they simply haven't updated their website? It sometimes happens that banks fail to update their websites for such changes immediately.

Yeah maybe. I am just concerned that they have done this due to marking me as a "riskier" customer for some reason. Seems unlikely as they would more likely up my APR if that was the case

Got the same leaflet, I am also one who pays off all my bill every month, and you're right, the list of charges for the AIB CC seem extremely high!

Brother got the same leaflet so it's for all standard A.I.B. Credit Card Customer's. You can avoid all of these charges by being careful but the misc. charges of €5 for copy of sales voucher and €4 for copy of statement -rub it in why dont you!