Credit card dispute process

Pinoy adventure

Hi all
We have raised a dispute with a charge on my credit card with bank of Ireland.we have sent in the proof that they required and the dispute form.
What happens next ???
Any advise would be great from anybody who has gone true the process.

Thank you

Bank of Ireland contact the merchants bank. They will either okay the chargeback and you will get a refund or they will not reply and you will get a refund by default after a period of time or they will dispute the chargeback.

I have read multiple reporters that BoI have a quick chargeback process.

Weeks or months ?
Only days if it's undisputed. Could take weeks if it's disputed. What catches people out sometimes us the money might be automatically refunded to you, but then reversed when the merchant disputes it.

There's an example here of a poster who has just been through the process, where it was disputed and they had to go through the full Visa arbitration process. Less than 2 months.

See my post, Hotel will not refund. I have just gone through this process it takes 30 days with Visa

Thanks
Just an update on mine.
Paperwork saying refund will take 10-15 days sent in on 8th of may.
Txt message yesterday from BOI saying
Your dispute request is being processed and a credit has being applied too your account pending the investigation.
I might give them a follow up call next week too see where we are at.

I'm in the middle of this as well with a ferry company
when I rang BOI they informed me it usually takes about 12 days
But I have a question, re the 120 days to raise a dispute
In my case I paid 50% of the ticket cost on 25th of November
The balance was paid 25th of February
And I was due to sail end of April but sailing cancelled on the 15th of April
Ferry company won't issue a refund only a voucher

So can I claim the full cost of the sailing or just what was paid in the last 120 days??

So can I claim the full cost of the sailing or just what was paid in the last 120 days??
The full amount.

Time limit with MasterCard is 120 days, but that's not from the date you paid. It can be from the date you expected to receive the goods / service, or the date you became aware of the issue

Last edited:
Delighted to say I've just received the full refund through BOI chargeback
But have to say I cannot believe the attitude of the ferry company and it's refusal to refund me my money

Delighted to say I've just received the full refund through BOI chargeback
But have to say I cannot believe the attitude of the ferry company and it's refusal to refund me my money

That's great news that you got the full amount back.
I think a fair few company's are doing big damage too themselves by not refunding the customers.
That customer may never book with the company again if the company can stay afloat

Back