Credit card debt not showing on ICB report

Loreal

Had an M*NA card some years ago. Got into lots of debt after loosing job and MABS spoke to M*NA who had already given the debt to another collection agency (cash flow services). This agency contacted me twice via letter, I responded both times with a payment offer of 50euro per month but heard nothing back again. Last letter I received and replied to was nov 2010. The debt was showing on an ICB report I ordered Feb of last year but just ordered one and as of this week it is not on there. Does this mean the debt has been written off? I did offer a payment plan but never received a response to this.

Your debt is still there and owed by you. MBNA are under no obligation to report it - but may choose to do so at any time, although I imagine there probably are time-restrictions on this.

Another poster may be able to advise; some institutions don't participate in the ICB and therefore perhaps can't register deadbeat loans ?

MBNA has sold their Irish business. So that may be why isn't no longer listed on the ICB.

Yeah I knew they had pulled out of Ireland but was that not nearly 2 years ago now? It is just odd that an ICB check last year had my outstanding on it but the most recent one has not gotten in on there. I had to get it for other purposes but if I go for another loan somewhere basically the unpaid credit card loan won't show which seems bizarre.

Back